Prizes for participation
What are the prizes for completing the survey?
- Once a month, on April 27, May 25, and July 5 we had a drawing for one of the three iPads – our grand prizes.
- Once a week, on Friday there was a drawing for two $100 gift certificates
to Bay Tree Bookstore and one first-year membership to Zipcar while the survey
is happening. The Zipcar first-year membership also includes $35 driving credit.
Need a car? Borrow a Zipcar. Nine self-service vehicles live right on the UCSC campus with many more in downtown Santa Cruz. (Gas and insurance are included!) Learn more and get signed up at zipcar.com/ucsc.
- Please note that a student who completed the survey was eligible for a grand prize (one iPad) AND one of the $100 gift certificates or a Zipcar membership.
- The college with the highest response rate received a $300 award to be used for college programs or events.
Who won the prizes?
The third (and last) Grand Prize drawing was held on July 5. The winner was Gerardo Avila, a senior at College Ten.
|Kasturi Malaviya||Stephanie Castillo||Gerardo Avila|
The second Grand Prize drawing was held on May 25.
The winner was Stephanie Castillo, a junior at Cowell College. The first drawing for an iPad was on April 27. Kasturi Malaviya, a senior at College Nine, was the winner.
$100 gift cards to the Bay Tree Bookstore
The following students won a Bookstore gift card in one of our weekly prize drawings (every Friday) and gave us permission to post their names:
- Chloe Claudino (Senior, Stevenson)
- Johnny Do (Senior, Oakes)
- Shane Hillers (Senior, Oakes)
- Lindsay Horejsi (Senior, College Nine)
- Jenny Maun (Sophomore, Merrill)
- Kieva Perry (Junior, College Eight)
- Jeff Rubin (Senior, Stevenson)
- Nicole Santos (Junior, Cowell)
- Jenna Shively (Junior, College Eight)
- Heidy Torres (Senior, Merrill)
- Melanie Ware (Junior, Stevenson)
- Alisa Yuasa (Junior, Porter)
Zipcar first-year memberships
These students won a Zipcar gift certificate and gave us permission to post their names:
- Chris Ahlbach (Freshman, College Ten)
- Nicol Gaffney (Senior, College Nine)
- Nikkie Munneke (Senior, Crown)
- Ul'yana (Freshman, Crown)
- Madeline Winard (Freshman, Stevenson)
$300 award to the college with the highest response rate
With a response rate of 41%, Crown college won the $300 prize to support its programs.